Unpopular gaming opinions people probably hate me for

by Gaetano 'Xbot' Prestia Featured 43 Comments 49 Votes 11305 Views 20/05/2013 Back to Articles

I’m generally a pretty well-liked guy … except for the people that hate me.

Mostly it’s because I have unpopular gaming opinions. My ridiculously good looks might have something to do with it -- people get jelly -- but mostly it’s probably my unpopular gaming opinions.

“Hate” is a strong word, I know, but we all know what it’s like to be an angry gaming fanboy ticked off by some noob’s silly remarks.

So behold: unpopular gaming opinions from a noob with silly remarks.

I don’t like Zelda

I want to like Zelda games. I really, really do. But I must have some sort of chemical imbalance in my brain that just doesn’t allow me to embrace what they offer. Even going to my cousin’s house in the late ‘80s, early ‘90s to play their NES I found myself bored to hell whenever they turned it on.

Ocarina of Time really is a great game. Sure, it might even be perfect. And I accept the general consensus about its quality. But I just don’t care for it.

I like Call Of Duty

Just as I understand the love for OoT, I also understand the hate for Call of Duty. The engine hardly changes from game to game, and the gameplay is shallow at best. But as far as instantaneous competitive gratification goes, CoD has always fulfilled my spontaneous cravings for virtual victory.

Admittedly I am a lover of the “better” CoDs -- World at War, CoD4 -- but the series overall has provided me with more hours of gaming this generation than any other.

Haters gonna hate … and I’m not sure I even care!

I think Portal is … OK

I remember first hearing about Portal when The Orange Box hit Xbox 360. Everyone went crazy over it back then and while I found it to be a refreshingly exhilarating puzzle experience with an intriguing plot, it’s never been a series I rush back to, or have been especially mesmerized by.

Portal 2 is better than the first game in my opinion, but I have an equal level of “Eh...It’s cool!” sentiment towards it. Cheeky, smart, funny. It’s all of those things. But I always thought it was missing something to propel it into greatness.

Be gentle.

I didn’t think Mass Effect 3’s ending was THAT bad

Mass Effect is a close second to CoD in the hours-played-this-generation stakes. I adored the first game, admired the second game, and actually loved the third game. I actually didn’t mind the ending, although admittedly I felt it was lazy, relative to the freedom you have throughout the experience, as well as the sheer number of decisions you make collectively across all games.

Still, I felt a little uneven about the backlash … and it even embarrassed me a little. The ending was just … an ending. Nothing special, hardly terrible, but it sufficed for me.

FLAME SUIT = ON!

I believe 343 Industries can tell a better story than Bungie

Halo is undoubtedly my favourite shooter series this generation (Metroid might have taken the cake if we got more than one Prime … ), and I have to admit that, while Halo 3 feels as though it offered more at the time of its release than Halo 4 did at its own launch, the latter’s developer was able to delve deeper into the universe’s lore, and provide a far more coherent insight to the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana. I liked the story and universe in Bungie’s games, but it took Halo 4 to make me fall in love with the series’ lore.

I thought Perfect Dark Zero was solid

As a launch title I found Perfect Dark Zero to be satisfactory: it was Rare’s first showcase on a Microsoft console since being acquired (not including the Conker remastering for Xbox) and its multiplayer was a nice introduction to the Xbox 360’s online capabilities.

As a shooter it’s certainly aged and it’s probably stuck in the PS2 era as far as level design, AI and gameplay go, but even as recent as 2010 I still found myself having random nights where I was either playing the campaign or looking for an online match.

I prefer NBA Live over NBA 2K

I write with my right hand, kick and bat with my left side, prefer PES over FIFA, and choose NBA Live over NBA 2K. How’s that for being uncoordinated?

Growing up in the ‘90s the NBA Live series provided the best gameplay as far as sports sims went, as up to that point we’d only gotten arcade games and NBA Jam-style titles.

You might be surprised to know that up until 2007, NBA Live and NBA 2K were pretty much on par with one another as far as critical reception goes, and NBA Live held a good share of the market. EA Sports let NBA 2K pass it and take basically 100 percent of that market, but I still have faith the EA Sports can bring the series back to its heights.

I think the iPad is great for gaming

I find myself buying two to three different games on my iPad every week. And I’m not talking about console ports with average-at-best touch-screen controls. I’m talking about games made specifically for the platform that play well and at least attempt to introduce innovative mechanics.

The iPad can be a great secondary gaming device next to your console or PC if you’re buying the right games. You just need to sort through the trash.

Alan Wake is better than any PS3 exclusive

I anticipate the “it’s just a third-person shooter with a torch” argument, but the style, tone, plot, characters and environments all make Alan Wake easily one of my most memorable experiences from this generation. It’s also high above any other PS3 exclusive I’ve played in terms of making me want to go back and play through it again.

My feelings towards Heavy Rain are similar, but I felt that it had more wrong with it than Alan Wake did.

OK people so there you have it. Hopefully you don’t hate me more than you already did.

What are some unpopular gaming opinions that you have? Share below!

Link to us http://PS3.mmgn.com/Articles/unpopular-gaming-opinions-people-probabl
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

Unpopular gaming opinions people probably hate me for Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Tano
I have a big bag of +1's sitting here...
Me too, me too, me too, never played it, wouldn't know I don't play Halo, me too, NFL 4 lyf, tablets in general are good but I prefer Android based tablets, yup.

You're not that crazy for being an old guy, Tano.

iamtom said:
You're not that crazy for being an old guy, Tano.

I'm an old guy for being crazy.
I (love) you Call of Duty brother.
You're a monster.

Gryllis said: You're a monster.

worst still he is a monster on drugs

gimi some now [Derp]

gammaray13 said:

Gryllis said: You're a monster.

worst still he is a monster on drugs
gimi some now

Only the drug of love.
When did Tano become a firefighter?
He better be wearing a damn good flamesuit.

Bloard said: When did Tano become a firefighter?
He better be wearing a damn good flamesuit.

I only dress one way, and it's always flaming.

Tano said:

Bloard said: When did Tano become a firefighter?
He better be wearing a damn good flamesuit.

I only dress one way, and it's always flaming.

[sick] [sick]no dinner for me tonight
Blob

Tano said: I don't like Zelda

I have one - all Sonic games are bad.
I can at least understand why you could possibly have those opinions on some of those games.
But Perfect Dark Zero... I just hate that game so much!!! [Rage]
Everyone has there likes and dislikes. If you want to talk about unpopular gaming opinions here's mine: I don't like the GTA series. ;O Not. One. Single. Installment..........really.
Mass Effect is shit

pokemon game series is the American Pie of games

XxmadmanxX said:
pokemon game series is the American Pie of games

We have a winner [MOG]
Alan Wake is better than any PS3 exclusive... and every other game made this generation.
yur such a lil fagit
I was expecting another "always-on" argument.
Wut the **** did I just read [WTF]
BioShock 1's ending was still better than Infinite's ending.
That has to be the best read in ages @Tano

But iPad Games?! COD over Battlefield and the biggest one, not liking Zelda!? whats wrong with you lol!

You should get Ben to do one maybe a few other admins too!

Oh and I like you Tano (love)
+ I don't like Zelda either. Dunno why, just never sucked me in.
+ I like Call of Duty as well, nowhere near as much as I used to though.
+ I thought Portal was OK too.
+ I didn't think Mass Effect 3's ending was that bad either.

- 343 took a big step backwards with Halo 4.
- Perfect Dark Zero sucked ass.
- I don't care about basketball.
- Lol iPad.
- Alan Wake better than Uncharted series?! WUT.

Kenni said: BioShock 1's ending was still better than Infinite's ending.

wow no one jumped down your throat, pays to be in admin hey -_-

Kenni said: BioShock 1's ending was still better than Infinite's ending.

Opinions are like brains, or something

gammaray13 said: wow no one jumped down your throat, pays to be in admin hey

I don't have to be a whiny bitch to get attention.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.. But Alan Wake better than all PS3 Exclusives? I like alan wake it was an awesome game, but not better than Uncharted, God of War, the Last of Us (yet to be determined) :P

OllyEbbz said:
Oh and I like you Tano

Doesn't everyone?

MoeMan said: I like alan wake it was an awesome game, but not better than Uncharted, God of War, the Last of Us (yet to be determined)

Is that a fact? You're under oath... :P

Tano said:

OllyEbbz said:
Oh and I like you Tano

Doesn't everyone?
i dont =)
and @Kenni, what a charmer you are, but in actual fact you are a whinny little bitch ;)

gammaray13 said:

OllyEbbz said:
Oh and I like you Tano

Doesn't everyone?
i dont

Cool quotation.

thanks much appreciated :O
Not to bad, but Alan Wake, surely that is just a bit of Flame bait haha

Kenni said:

OllyEbbz said:
Oh and I like you Tano

Doesn't everyone?
i dont

Cool quotation.

now now ladies
>Haven't ever played a Zelda game.

>Call of Duty is really the only game i play online.

>Portal 2 was amazing, Although i gave up on it.

>Never played any Mass Effect, Although @Mirage has offered to mail me the games and play.

>Only played Halo: Reach (apart from the first Halo) so i have no opinion.

>Never played Perfect Dark Zero.

>NBA Live is/was okay from what i remember, Haven't played a 2K game.

>Don't have any opinion on iPads.

>Alan Wake bored the hell out of me.

EMBRACE MY TERRIBLE GAMING HISTORY

GreenThumb said: >Haven't ever played a Zelda game.
>Call of Duty is really the only game i play online.
>Portal 2 was amazing, Although i gave up on it.
>Only played Halo: Reach (apart from the first Halo) so i have no opinion.
>Never played Perfect Dark Zero.
>NBA Live is/was okay from what i remember, Haven't played a 2K game.
>Don't have any opinion on iPads.
>Alan Wake bored the hell out of me.
EMBRACE MY TERRIBLE GAMING HISTORY

we are like almost twins

only difference

I played OOT and MM zelda games
and I love NBA2k
embrace me brother *_*
Embrace your warmingly warm loving warmingly glow. *_*
That might have stirred up a hornets nest or two.

ManicPanda said: Kinda surprised you didn't say something like "I like playing Aliens: Colonial Marines".
That might have stirred up a hornets nest or two.

The demo of that which I played at the EB expo last year receives an "IGN 9/10 - It's okay" from me. Had a few flaws but would have turned into a pretty good game that my friends and I would have played at upcoming LAN events.

;O ;O ;O :D :DWelcome to www.likesurprise.com/...

where is the most popular Panthers online shop.

((( www.likesurprise.com/... )))

lower price fast shippment with higher quality!!

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENT