[MMGN] Official MMGN.com Discussion

Featured 84552 Views 310 Posts MMGN.com
www.mywii.com.au/

As you can see, MyMedia is in the process of going through a complete rebranding, which will be complete in a few months.

This is without a doubt the biggest, most complex and most exciting development and change to ever happen at MyMedia.

Feel free to post any comments, opinions, suggestions, questions etc. in this thread and myself and others in the know will try our best to answer them.

Please keep this thread for discussion about the MMGN.com announcement. This is not a Social Thread. Please also refrain from using obscenities, even if they are censored.
What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.
lets have blogs in our profiles
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

jotendo said: What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.


That could definitely work.

And Tia I agree with you but the hardest part about having an external blog is getting people to actually read and view the content you are providing. When you have your core demographic already provided on this website and the infrastructure available to post it just seems more logical to occassionally blog on here.

This is all in my opinion of course.

jotendo said: What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.


more buttons? i like buttons

jotendo said: What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.


That'd work.

KK1387 said:

jotendo said: What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.


That'd work.



You would need to have a way of organising all the blogs/posts because after a while it would get very messy and hard to navigate.

malaka said: lets have smex on the beach



LOL, what?

=D

mcfar54 said:

KK1387 said:

jotendo said: What if its just admin enabled?
If we see posting good content or sensible and interesting posts on the forum we just enable you to post blogs.


That'd work.


You would need to have a way of organising all the blogs/posts because after a while it would get very messy and hard to navigate.


it really wouldn't, because the admins could proof-read whatever you have posted and have a 'blog of the week' type thing
How will we know which Admins are from which group of forums?

I know all the Admins that are here on MyWii, but as this site update will probably increase my ventures onto the other sites and I only know the other sites Admins on a basic level (people with the badge), if an Admin came from one and onto another would it be able to be seen that they only mod say the PS3 forum, and not appear to be a mod of the 360 forum while I'm visiting that?



Also, can news (and any other items) that affects more than one console be set to appear on more than one of the subforums of MMGN or will it still need to be physically placed into each section?
Cheerydog: Youre quite good at asking questions.

=D
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

malaka said:
smex on the beach


I like that drink

CheeryDog said: How will we know which Admins are from which group of forums?
I know all the Admins that are here on MyWii, but as this site update will probably increase my ventures onto the other sites and I only know the other sites Admins on a basic level (people with the badge), if an Admin came from one and onto another would it be able to be seen that they only mod say the PS3 forum, and not appear to be a mod of the 360 forum while I'm visiting that?
Also, can news (and any other items) that affects more than one console be set to appear on more than one of the subforums of MMGN or will it still need to be physically placed into each section?


with the admins, they might make the color of their badge match their corresponding console ie. green for my360
and with the news, they might have it posted on both of those subsites or just have one massive hub

ZePpLiNs said:

CheeryDog said: How will we know which Admins are from which group of forums?
I know all the Admins that are here on MyWii, but as this site update will probably increase my ventures onto the other sites and I only know the other sites Admins on a basic level (people with the badge), if an Admin came from one and onto another would it be able to be seen that they only mod say the PS3 forum, and not appear to be a mod of the 360 forum while I'm visiting that?
Also, can news (and any other items) that affects more than one console be set to appear on more than one of the subforums of MMGN or will it still need to be physically placed into each section?


with the admins, they might make the color of their badge match their corresponding console ie. green for my360
and with the news, they might have it posted on both of those subsites or just have one massive hub



with the hub idea there could have different sections/tabbed thing where you could just see individual topic news (like Wii News or PS3 News) and then a General News section where general news could be put.
exactly, but a hell of a lot more organised

ZePpLiNs said:
with the admins, they might make the color of their badge match their corresponding console ie. green for my360


and people like Evil_Guy whoare admin and 2 places could have mulicoloured badges then.
(and the admins of all places would just be the current badge or something)

mcfar54 said: You would need to have a way of organising all the blogs/posts because after a while it would get very messy and hard to navigate.


Oh? If it was to happen, couldn't it just use a similar structure to reviews?

ie

Blogs > Featured Blogs
Blogs > Recent User Blogs
Blogs > Most Popular User Blogs
Blogs > My Blogs
RE Blogs: We'll be keeping them the same, at least for now.

CheeryDog said:

ZePpLiNs said:
with the admins, they might make the color of their badge match their corresponding console ie. green for my360


and people like Evil_Guy whoare admin and 2 places could have mulicoloured badges then.
(and the admins of all places would just be the current badge or something)



Not really a massive issue. We can figure that out later.

Toki said:

malaka said:
smex on the beach


I like that drink



What about the 'Penis Colossus'?





..it's a drink at the gay bar in Will and Grace, lmfao.

=D

Matteh said:


Toki said:


malaka said:
smex on the beach


I like that drink


What about the 'Penis Colossus'?
=D


Wha...what colour is it?

Toki said: Wha...what colour is it?



I think it was a white..a whitish color.

=D
RETRO.MMGN.com has my vote 100%.

Surely out of everything that could become a new site on the network Retro gaming would have to be next on the list.

sharpie92 said: RETRO.MMGN.com has my vote 100%.
Surely out of everything that could become a new site on the network Retro gaming would have to be next on the list.


exactly, something for the people who still cherish their atari lynx or dreamcast

Doles said:




I'll see what can be done

Doles said:


I'll put that down when I vote in the SA elections next month
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Your most wanted game of November?

Your most wanted game of November?

29/10/2014 Polls 18 27
GTA V will support last-gen for as long as possible

GTA V will support last-gen for as long as possible

Gryllis 23 hours News 0 3
GTA V Online Heists - Why did it take so long?

GTA V Online Heists - Why did it take so long?

Tano 1 day News 0 6
PlayStation Store 12 days of Christmas sale is on now

PlayStation Store 12 days of Christmas sale is on now

Gryllis 1 day News 20 10
MMGN Game Of The Year 2014 voting now open

MMGN Game Of The Year 2014 voting now open

Tano 2 days News 3 20
Win a Sony Xperia Z3 and a PlayStation 4!

Win a Sony Xperia Z3 and a PlayStation 4!

Win on MMGN 2 days News 5 6
PS4 exclusives in 2015

PS4 exclusives in 2015

Tano 2 days Articles 9 6
GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment review

GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment review

Gryllis 4 days Articles 3 15

Community Content

ESRB rated PC Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

ESRB rated PC Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

zurczner 04/12 News 2 9
A Little Big Win

A Little Big Win

Leasha 27/11 Articles 15 18
Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 11 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

zurczner, whaling commented on Minecraft: Story Mode coming from Telltale Games

zurczner 8 hours ago
Username

commented on Mario penguins can't fly

vietnhamit 9 hours ago
Username

DPkrass, Jade829, whaling and other 2 users commented on Win a Sony Mobile Prize Pack! Including an Xperia Z3, PlayStation 4 and Game Cave

DPkrass 11 hours ago
Username

commented on Super Mario Themed Fish Tank Background

vietnhamit 14 hours ago
Username

Arnold114, patjackman, purplesp8y and other 4 users commented on Win a Sony Mobile Prize Pack! Including an Xperia Z3, PlayStation 4 and Game Cave

Arnold114 17 hours ago
Username

Tano, DPhoenix commented on Minecraft: Story Mode coming from Telltale Games

Tano 19 hours ago
Username

commented on Xbox Store Countdown to 2015 sale on now

Armige 21 hours ago
Username

commented on NBA 2K15 gets Australian servers

iSR 22 hours ago