Movies just watched - Locked

Demoted 231944 Views 2477 Posts Locked Wii U
I've know we've had a few of these threads, but this one is across all of MMGN since I know many of you don't visit the movie section enough.

So what did you watch last and what would you give it out of 5?

Midnight in Paris - much better than I expected - 4.5/5.
Super 8, and unfortunately it was awful! 5/10

Wouldn't recommend it, some people might enjoy it though..
@Huddo, I know nothing about baseball, don't even enjoy the sport, and my girlfriend dislikes sport in general, and we both loved it. Doesn't entirely rely on it, still a great movie.

The Descendents takes the top gong at the Golden Globes, The Artist takes C&M, Clooney best actor and Streep best actress.

@Frazerc83 get out of here! Super 8 was awesome.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

IAMColonel said:@Frazerc83 get out of here! Super 8 was awesome.



Hmmm, love/hate movie? perhaps. ^_^

IAMColonel said: @Huddo, I know nothing about baseball, don't even enjoy the sport, and my girlfriend dislikes sport in general, and we both loved it. Doesn't entirely rely on it, still a great movie.



yeah my whole family watched it and my sister doesnt like sport and the others only have knowledge of aussie sports. we all still thought the movie was great but just some scenes it was hard to realise what was happening like the trading scenes cos they speak so fast. great acting tho.

saw this article about six Golden Globe nominated movies:
www.news.com.au/...

some woman commented that the combined budget of these could solve the euro economic crisis. the highest budget there is only $50 mil and the total combined is $140 mil. thats half the budget of Pirates of the Carribean: Dead mans chest. Cars 2 was $200 mil for gods sake. [Facepalm]

other commentors on there say these movies are "artsy fartsy" these are good movies. most of the high budget ones these days are very average.
Super 8 was OK. Nothing special. I loved the characters, but it was Speilberg trying really, really hard to reimagine his 80s flair.

Beta said: Super 8 was OK. Nothing special. I loved the characters, but it was Speilberg trying really, really hard to reimagine his 80s flair.


It wasn't Spielberg though.... ?

He only produced it.

Huddo said:
saw this article about six Golden Globe nominated movies:
www.news.com.au/...
some woman commented that the combined budget of these could solve the euro economic crisis. the highest budget there is only $50 mil and the total combined is $140 mil. thats half the budget of Pirates of the Carribean: Dead mans chest. Cars 2 was $200 mil for gods sake.
other commentors on there say these movies are "artsy fartsy" these are good movies. most of the high budget ones these days are very average.


You'd need a couple of billion dollars to solve the euro crisis ffs [Facepalm]
Arrietty. Another beautiful Ghibli film.

8/10
about to watch money ball
I just watched Walk Hard
just watched Dream house it was ok
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Just started watching surrogates, will finish it off when I get home.
The concept of that movie just freaks me out, I hope we never even get close to that sort of life style.

Guyver said: Just started watching surrogates, will finish it off when I get home.
The concept of that movie just freaks me out, I hope we never even get close to that sort of life style.


I really didn't enjoy that film. Bruce Willis films are not fantastic nowadays.

I recently rewatched Super. I really enjoyed it, not AS much as the first time but it was nice to see it in glorious bluray HD.

Snix said:

Guyver said: Just started watching surrogates, will finish it off when I get home.
The concept of that movie just freaks me out, I hope we never even get close to that sort of life style.


I really didn't enjoy that film. Bruce Willis films are not fantastic nowadays.
I recently rewatched Super. I really enjoyed it, not AS much as the first time but it was nice to see it in glorious bluray HD.




Feels like a new movie when you re-watch it in HD.
...watched Highlander and The last exorcism last night...now watching Toy Story...
Just watched unkown, pretty good thriller - 7.5/10
Sounds like I need to see The Descendants, seems everyone loves it and CloonTang is one of my favourites!
Money ball was a great movie if your into true stories based on sports
Just watched Lake Placid 3. Unlike Anaconda 3 I think Lake Placid really nailed the CGI... [Facepalm]



Oh and can I also make note the copy I had was also censored so no boobies either.
Watched Flight Of The Navigator yesterday afternoon... memories...

Got round to watching Paul tonight, quite a poor film.
Just finished watching Rio, awesome and funny kids movie I really enjoyed it. 4/5 :P


Yeeeeeeh Little King Kongg [MOG]
the last couple of bruce willis movies have been pretty crappy,
and i just watched Johnney english, it was ok , usual bond send up..

Leasha said: Just watched Lake Placid 3. Unlike Anaconda 3 I think Lake Placid really nailed the CGI...

Oh and can I also make note the copy I had was also censored so no boobies either.


Why's the guy pointing the gun at the girl? Is that even a gun lol? Looks like it could almost be CGI too [Shifty]
Priest

Oh Makra!

Well he's trying to shoot the crocodile off the girls leg and then BAM he shoots the girl. Now, you may all notice I did not put that in spoilers, that is because really, there is nothing to spoil about this movie.

Watched Hugo 3D today, really good movie, i felt it dragged though,
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Your most wanted game of November?

Your most wanted game of November?

29/10/2014 Polls 18 27
GTA V will support last-gen for as long as possible

GTA V will support last-gen for as long as possible

Gryllis 7 hours News 0 3
GTA V Online Heists - Why did it take so long?

GTA V Online Heists - Why did it take so long?

Tano 8 hours News 0 5
PlayStation Store 12 days of Christmas sale is on now

PlayStation Store 12 days of Christmas sale is on now

Gryllis 1 day News 20 10
MMGN Game Of The Year 2014 voting now open

MMGN Game Of The Year 2014 voting now open

Tano 1 day News 3 20
Win a Sony Xperia Z3 and a PlayStation 4!

Win a Sony Xperia Z3 and a PlayStation 4!

Win on MMGN 2 days News 5 6
PS4 exclusives in 2015

PS4 exclusives in 2015

Tano 2 days Articles 9 5
GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment review

GAEMS Vanguard Personal Gaming Environment review

Gryllis 4 days Articles 3 15

Community Content

ESRB rated PC Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

ESRB rated PC Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2

zurczner 04/12 News 2 9
A Little Big Win

A Little Big Win

Leasha 27/11 Articles 15 18
Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 11 0