Subscription Games on PS3

DC universe online is going to be the first game on Playstation where you have to pay a monthly subscription fee to play the game and there are reports that more games will follow suit soon. There is a rumour going around that call of duty will be next. We need to stop this ASAP so please join my petition . All you need to supply on the petition is your name, age and location.

(Click link below to sign up to petition)

www.petitionbuzz.com/...

We need to stop this ASAP?


Why?
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Why?



because other games will follow this. Do want to be paying fees for every game that you play online on your PS3.

How would you feel if you had to pay a fee to watch a movie you owned
You do what every normal person does and get a job ^_^
Do you really feel strongly that every single game released in the future will have subscription fees?

FYI, Xbox360 gamers pay to play online.

Matrix6 said: Do you really feel strongly that every single game released in the future will have subscription fees?
FYI, Xbox360 gamers pay to play online.



Yes but thats for every game all month long, this is you pay 100 bucks for ONE GAME, and then have to pay 20 bucks a month to play ONE GAME, if you own 4 HOT titles and they all want a 20 buck a month sub thats 80 bucks a MONTH to play 4 games plus on top of what you are already playing, Online gaming is free for ps3 now, but users on xbox that pay for xbox live are still paying an extra 20 a month to play dc at the moment, stuff that it does not need to come to consoles, keep it on the pC, Locky feeling ya on this one
Pay to Play isn't new, and it doesn't seem to plague PC games either from how I see it. There are more growing but not all types of games can realistically have subscription gameplay applied to it. I don't think there's anything to worry about, it's always your choice to pay or not to play.

lockys7777 said: Why?
because other games will follow this. Do want to be paying fees for every game that you play online on your PS3.
How would you feel if you had to pay a fee to watch a movie you owned



It's so very different. Games that require subscriptions use the internet exclusively, like MMO's; every action that happens on screen goes via a server.

There aren't many games that require subscription models, and the ones that do have had services in place for a long, long time.

Matrix6 said: Pay to Play isn't new, and it doesn't seem to plague PC games either from how I see it. There are more growing but not all types of games can realistically have subscription gameplay applied to it. I don't think there's anything to worry about, it's always your choice to pay or not to play.



Very true, its new to me, Ive never payed except for my xbox live days!

There talking about doing it for COD etc, I can just see it in the near future, that anyone thats wants to have an online game will be paying either xbox live and to play on line etc!

And I want to play DC Univerise, but wont out of principal at the moment!
If they are to make games with monthly subscriptions, developers/publishers should offer the game for free to download and then pay for the subscription fees.

Anyway, not all pay to play games succeed. Look at FFIV Online, seems like a fail and will follow in that suit when finally released on PS3 in a few months.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Id be happy to pay to play if the original media costs less than a 10
I agree cryman

Cryman said: Id be happy to pay to play if the original media costs less than a 10


Then perhaps more developers should make more games with subscriptions?!

The more there are, the more competition. And as with anything in real life, the more competition the cheaper the price will be for other competitors! :)

DC Universe are pioneering a new way to play Pay to Play games, I don't think there's been a game release where we compete/play with other gamers on a different format. It's a dream for many, though I don't know how equal it is in terms of smooth fluid gameplay between a PC and console connection?

Things can only get better, think of what positive this can bring to all gamers. We can finally unite PC and console gamers alike and not isolate each other.

People complain about how some great online games don't have enough people playing....in the future there may be less of that issue when console gamers are offered more gamers from the PC Universe! ^_^

Cryman said:

Matrix6 said: Do you really feel strongly that every single game released in the future will have subscription fees?
FYI, Xbox360 gamers pay to play online.


Yes but thats for every game all month long, this is you pay 100 bucks for ONE GAME, and then have to pay 20 bucks a month to play ONE GAME, if you own 4 HOT titles and they all want a 20 buck a month sub thats 80 bucks a MONTH to play 4 games plus on top of what you are already playing, Online gaming is free for ps3 now, but users on xbox that pay for xbox live are still paying an extra 20 a month to play dc at the moment, stuff that it does not need to come to consoles, keep it on the pC, Locky feeling ya on this one



Final Fantasy XI.
Xbox 360.
There's a subscription.

Matrix6 said: If they are to make games with monthly subscriptions, developers/publishers should offer the game for free to download and then pay for the subscription fees.
Anyway, not all pay to play games succeed. Look at FFIV Online, seems like a fail and will follow in that suit when finally
released on PS3 in a few months.



You should check your facts, they postponed FFXIV to release a better game - and they're working on the PC version first.

This would be pretty shit change IMO

DC universe is understandable, Its like FF14 or Wow, mostly all MMO's have a monthly charge.

Im a little dirty on MAG, think they can charge a monthly fee if you want to create another character -_-

They wont be getting a monthly payment from me! Even though its only $1.50 or so a month, I might go 3-6 months WITHOUT playing but I'd still be paying..

If charges must be added for some reason, I think the logical thing would be only PS Plus users can play online.

So you buy PS+, get free games & online gameplay (Like xbox)

But charging a PS+ charge, + a separate fee for EACH game, + your monthly internet bill, its just a joke!

& what about all the 13 year olds that cant get a job & there parents wont pay monthly charges for them? They'd just miss out!

I know when I was 13, If I asked my parents for their credit card for an online game they say "NO WAY"

iamtom said:
You should check your facts, they postponed FFXIV to release a better game - and they're working on the PC version first.



Do you mean they're releasing a "better" version of FFXIV?
From another thread I posted in:
If you played games such as wow you would realize why they charge a subscription fee. All the updates, patches, new raids etc they bring out, not to mention all the servers they have and what it costs to maintain them. Imagine what kinda game you would have if all they received was your 50 bucks for the game + expansions.

Cbf typing a bigger essay as I'm on the iPad and it will take a while, however I think you should stop being a tight ass and get a job? That $3.50 or so a week you will pay towards your monthly subscription is not going to be missed

topher said: From another thread I posted in:
If you played games such as wow you would realize why they charge a subscription fee. All the updates, patches, new raids etc they bring out, not to mention all the servers they have and what it costs to maintain them. Imagine what kinda game you would have if all they received was your 50 bucks for the game + expansions.
Cbf typing a bigger essay as I'm on the iPad and it will take a while, however I think you should stop being a tight ass and get a job? That $3.50 or so a week you will pay towards your monthly subscription is not going to be missed



But they how many games will you be paying for monthly?

If you own 10 games, $3 a week, thats $120 a month!

Imagine going to EB games, looking for a new game & thinking

"Ok it cost me $120 a month, If I buy this it'll cost me $132 a month, can I afford it??

Matrix6 said:

iamtom said:
You should check your facts, they postponed FFXIV to release a better game - and they're working on the PC version first.


Do you mean they're releasing a "better" version of FFXIV?



They're practically remaking the whole game.

DK-maTTy said:

topher said: From another thread I posted in:
If you played games such as wow you would realize why they charge a subscription fee. All the updates, patches, new raids etc they bring out, not to mention all the servers they have and what it costs to maintain them. Imagine what kinda game you would have if all they received was your 50 bucks for the game + expansions.
Cbf typing a bigger essay as I'm on the iPad and it will take a while, however I think you should stop being a tight ass and get a job? That $3.50 or so a week you will pay towards your monthly subscription is not going to be missed


But they how many games will you be paying for monthly?
If you own 10 games, $3 a week, thats $120 a month!
Imagine going to EB games, looking for a new game & thinking
"Ok it cost me $120 a month, If I buy this it'll cost me $132 a month, can I afford it??



WHY WOULD YOU PLAY 10 SUBSCRIPTION-BASED GAMES?! That is the epitome of POINTLESS.
Most people barely have the time of day to play ONE.
@ iamtom

What are you saying? That nobody in their right mind should own or want to play 10 games online?

Im not saying in 1 day, im saying over a life time! You buy a game & you play it when ever you feel, I bet some people have over 100 PS3 games & what they just choose 1 for online?

Even if people only have time for 1 game per day they might want to mix it up.

Imagine you got a ps3 game for your bday? Its all good for a free game :)

But since when does your birthday present sent you back $12 per month for the rest of your life?

iamtom said:
Do you mean they're releasing a "better" version of FFXIV?


They're practically remaking the whole game.


And how do you feel about that? Reconstructing an already released game (relatively new) to make it better?!

Sounds like a failure to me.

DK-maTTy said:


topher said: From another thread I posted in:
If you played games such as wow you would realize why they charge a subscription fee. All the updates, patches, new raids etc they bring out, not to mention all the servers they have and what it costs to maintain them. Imagine what kinda game you would have if all they received was your 50 bucks for the game + expansions.
Cbf typing a bigger essay as I'm on the iPad and it will take a while, however I think you should stop being a tight ass and get a job? That $3.50 or so a week you will pay towards your monthly subscription is not going to be missed


But they how many games will you be paying for monthly?
If you own 10 games, $3 a week, thats $120 a month!
Imagine going to EB games, looking for a new game & thinking
"Ok it cost me $120 a month, If I buy this it'll cost me $132 a month, can I afford it??



I agree, GTA6 comes out, Uncharted 4, Red Dead Redemtion 2, Need For Speed Hot Pursit 3 Assassins Creed 4, All in one month/week, I aint paying 20 bucks a month for each game to play online, after forking out a lot of money to buy the media!. Those games are awhile away, if they ever happen, but by that time its substanard and everyone accepts it, all Lockys petition is asking and saying is we dont want it! If you agree sign it, if you don't dont.
I dont mind paying subscription fees because I pay $20 a month subsription fees on porn sites to feed my habit and If i want free stuff I have to go to those bad quality sites same as for games u pay subscription fees for good quality and service.

Matrix6 said:

iamtom said:
Do you mean they're releasing a "better" version of FFXIV?


They're practically remaking the whole game.
And how do you feel about that? Reconstructing an already released game (relatively new) to make it better?!
Sounds like a failure to me.



It did fail. Hence why they're restructuring it for release on PS3?




You all seem to have the idea that EVERY GAME WILL BE SUBSCRIPTION BASED.

DC Universe Online is an MMORPG. Of course there was a subscription-fee. MAG is an online game, they charge for additional content. I'm not saying this is right, but it's the developer's choice. If DCUO released on Xbox 360, they would still charge a subscription-fee. It's just teh way the business works.

Games that aren't 'massively-online' won't charge a subscription fee. I don't know where you get this stuff, people.
What iamtom said. It's mmo's for the reasons I specified before. If people can't read properly I can see why your worried about spending 15 dollars a month on a game
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

29/07/2014 Polls 20 15
Ken Levine hits back at Bioshock Infinite

Ken Levine hits back at Bioshock Infinite 'naive woman' criticism

Tano 2 hours News 0 1
Win a trip to PAX Aus

Win a trip to PAX Aus

Tano 3 hours News 0 2
Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

Gryllis 20 hours News 2 6
Will GTA V radio be updated for PS4, Xbox One, PC?

Will GTA V radio be updated for PS4, Xbox One, PC?

Gryllis 20 hours News 2 6
Watch this Resident Evil trailer in horrifying HD

Watch this Resident Evil trailer in horrifying HD

Gryllis 1 day News 1 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2 confirmed by Capcom
Gryllis 1 day News 2 5
Friendly Fire Show 67: Whizz-bang McGoogle Edition

Friendly Fire Show 67: Whizz-bang McGoogle Edition

Podcast 2 days Articles 0 3
Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King DLC review
PaulV 4 days Reviews 0 7

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

21 hours ago Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

SlappyWag, Tano, punk commented on The Last Of Us Remastered cracks PS4 all-time top 10

SlappyWag 17 mins ago
Username

commented on Resident Evil Revelations 2 confirmed by Capcom

CptAwesome 21 mins ago
Username

Mark355 got Forza Motorsport 5, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Thief and other 3 games

Mark355 1 hour ago
Username

commented on Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

punk 3 hours ago
Username

dantonmeh is now Level 2!

dantonmeh 17 hours ago
Username

Patrick812, Tano commented on The Last Of Us Remastered cracks PS4 all-time top 10

Patrick812 18 hours ago
Username

Gryllis, maxiboy commented on Uncensored Left 4 Dead 2 rated R18+ in Australia (5 years late)

Gryllis 19 hours ago
Username

Tano shared a story - Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Tano 22 hours ago