Daytona USA (Arcade) HD for PS3

8883 Views 111 Posts PS3 Software

Daytona USA May Be Coming To A Video Game Console Near You (Again)
What's this?! A new rating for a Daytona USA video game? What could it mean?! If we're venturing guesses, we'll go with Sega reviving the classic arcade racer for an Xbox Live Arcade and/or PlayStation Network re-release.

But that's just an educated guess, based on the fact that Sega has already released games like Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi through Microsoft and Sony's respective digital distribution stores. An HD console release of Daytona USA, which is what we're inferring from a recent Australian classification board listing spotted by XBLA Fans, would certainly be welcome.

It's as good a candidate for an XBLA/PSN release as any in Sega's back catalog. The classic arcade racer has received multiple ports, including one for Windows PCs and one for the Sega Dreamcast.

We're checking in with Sega to see if they'd like to clear this one up.



kotaku.com/...



If true, then this game will be the one that brings my loyalty back to SEGA.

I just hope that Logitech wheels are supported (or at the very least SEGA end up making a limited edition arcade wheel for it) AND that it stays true to the arcade gameplay (16 console link support, lol + online play maybe?) without adding shitty things to it. In other words, apart from the fresh new HD graphics...Arcade Perfect!!!
Just letting you all know that I bought this off the US PSN for $9.99. Got a free theme with it as well.

Works well with the GT driving force, a bit laggy online as there is only people to play in the US at the moment. Single player is 100% like the arcades. AWESOME!!!!
Yeah it's not on AUS PSN yet :(
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I wouldn't mind Daytona USA 2. Wish they bought that out
Play it via a Dreamcast emulator, bro...in HD too! :D

So awesome!
Any news on how far away this game is? I'm very keen on playing a HD version.

Guyver said: Any news on how far away this game is? I'm very keen on playing a HD version.



You can download it from the US PSN Store now. Not sure on the AUS release.
I have it on the 360 and it plays exactly like it does in the arcade but with far better detail. So much fun with a wheel. a normal controller sucks
How much is this going for? (on the US PSN if it's not out at ours yet) if it's cheap I might grab it to relive some fun arcade memorys.

Tsunamo said: How much is this going for? (on the US PSN if it's not out at ours yet) if it's cheap I might grab it to relive some fun arcade memorys.



adbub1 said: Just letting you all know that I bought this off the US PSN for $9.99. Got a free theme with it as well.
Works well with the GT driving force, a bit laggy online as there is only people to play in the US at the moment. Single player is 100% like the arcades. AWESOME!!!!


It's out on AU store now $12.95 if anyone is interested.

Still waiting on MK where's that -_-
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

stonecold said: It's out on AU store now $12.95 if anyone is interested.
Still waiting on MK where's that



Banned..

victory1 said:

stonecold said: It's out on AU store now $12.95 if anyone is interested.
Still waiting on MK where's that


Banned..


I talking about MK collection
Thinking of getting it, would be good with the logitech wheels

stonecold said:

victory1 said:

stonecold said: It's out on AU store now $12.95 if anyone is interested.
Still waiting on MK where's that


Banned..


I talking about MK collection


Oh no its banned in aus, what will i do...? :'(

How about you head on over to the US PS-Store whr u can buy it now for only $9.99 :D
Played this a bit more over the weekend. Just in case you didn't see, my review:

360.mmgn.com/...

chucky110 said: Thinking of getting it, would be good with the logitech wheels


That would be the only reason, that it would be worth it in my opinion.
Oh it's out now? sweet [Derp]
Anyone keen to play online? Add me: cprize
Do many people play online?
No, unfortunately. It was released at a bad time, imo...you know...where Skyrim and Skyward sword were the ones to to play.

winga26 said: Do many people play online?



Nah LOL Played it at launch and there was no one online, went back a few weeks back and it was still empty.
Daytona USA HD was released 10 years too late, imo.

SONY said: Daytona USA HD was released 10 years too late, imo.



LOL did HD even exist 10 years ago? :P
I would if i could find someone online.

Beta said:

winga26 said: Do many people play online?


Nah LOL Played it at launch and there was no one online, went back a few weeks back and it was still empty.



I guess if I'd buy it I'll be playing with myself. [MOG]
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Games of October: Your most wanted

Games of October: Your most wanted

06/10/2014 Polls 8 16
Destiny: What was promised, what could have been, and what we got
Tano 4 hours News 0 1
Shadow of Mordor is a must buy: Here’s why

Shadow of Mordor is a must buy: Here’s why

Tano 4 hours Articles 8 11
Win Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

Win Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

Tano 4 hours News 3 4
Gyromanic: I played 3 hours of Far Cry 4, but ignored story

Gyromanic: I played 3 hours of Far Cry 4, but ignored story

Gryllis 5 hours Articles 0 3
Yeah, science! First-person shooters boost sensorimotor skills

Yeah, science! First-person shooters boost sensorimotor skills

Tano 5 hours News 0 1
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Tano 1 day Reviews 4 3
Skylanders Trap Team review

Skylanders Trap Team review

Gryllis 2 days Reviews 2 2
Friendly Fire Show 72: That

Friendly Fire Show 72: That's the joke

Podcast 2 days Articles 0 2

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

Tyrus, zurczner commented on Fantasy Life review - Harvest Crossing Life

Tyrus 1 hour ago
Username

Patrick812 is now Level 7!

Patrick812 2 hours ago
Username

Leasha, Tano commented on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Leasha 4 hours ago
Username

OrangeBlck, Enarium commented on didgio digital giveaway: Win 1 of 50 PC game codes

OrangeBlck 17 hours ago
Username

commented on Ultimate NES Remix coming to 3DS in November

xevious 17 hours ago
Username

commented on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

stonecold 17 hours ago
Username

juggerhead just unlocked the Welcomed achievement!

juggerhead 23 hours ago
Username

commented on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Olly 1 day ago