[GD] Heavy Rain - No Spoilers!

Featured 23596 Views 694 Posts PS3 Software
As title states, has anyone put spoilers in the heavy rain thread?
I was reading it about an hour ago and there was talk of spoilers so now i have avoided it.
I would be pissed off big time if i read spoilers but i want to discuss the game in the lead up to release.
Yeah some smart **** will soon put spoilers in here but hey we cannot all be respectful, mature and happy within our own lives so we dont have to go around mindlessly annoying people.
And yes this thread does fail. So what bite me.

chrisco84 said: Played about an hour, bit slow (as all reviews have said) but good fun so far.
There was a 200+mb update and a lengthy install but it showed you how to fold origami while waiting (****ing superb idea).
The graphics are a toss up. Facial expressions/detail is good but some/alot of textures (walls ect) are very average.
I like the controls they are more than just quick time events.
As i said i have only played about an hour but they are mt first impressions. In all honestly the success of this game will be wholy dependent on the strength of the story.



Im getting this Friday reading what you said sounds good but is this more than an interactive movie? Plus have they sorted the controls from the demo? I mean i kept walking into walls and stuff having troubles at times getting my character to face in the right direction.

Dumbnutz said:

chrisco84 said: Played about an hour, bit slow (as all reviews have said) but good fun so far.
There was a 200+mb update and a lengthy install but it showed you how to fold origami while waiting (****ing superb idea).
The graphics are a toss up. Facial expressions/detail is good but some/alot of textures (walls ect) are very average.
I like the controls they are more than just quick time events.
As i said i have only played about an hour but they are mt first impressions. In all honestly the success of this game will be wholy dependent on the strength of the story.


Im getting this Friday reading what you said sounds good but is this more than an interactive movie? Plus have they sorted the controls from the demo? I mean i kept walking into walls and stuff having troubles at times getting my character to face in the right direction.



lol the controls are fine. Most people didn't have any trouble with them.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
@ Dumbnutz, played some more now and i agree about the walking. Its very clumsy, i walk into alot of walls/tables/chairs/any interactive oblect. I cannot see why they would not just make the left analog stick move the charachter instead of hold R2 and use left stick to move the camera. Its not a game breaker but it is frustrating.
Is it more than an interactive movie? No not really (the fanboys are not going to like that one), sure you can move around freely but you can only do certain actions at certain times and it is all to progress the story.
The story, the most important part of the game. So far it is great, it's really picked up after the first hour and has me hooked.
Do not go into this for some hardcore gaming, go into it for some great story telling and a simple but effective gaming experience.
To people getting this today, www.jbhifi.com.au/ <--- $79 at Jb Hifi for standard and $99 for collectors!!!
@ Westy, the controls are fine (although 90% of reviews have said the walking is not to great) but they could have been much much better. The walking becomes a chore (i actually thought while playing it last night it would be better if they just took the walking out completely) but then it would not be as immersive and the minor exploration aspect of the game would be gone.
The quick time events are awesome best i have ever seen in a game.
K-Mart is still the cheapest i've seen for the Standard at $74, they always sell big titles cheap

RatedY2J said: K-Mart is still the cheapest i've seen for the Standard at $74, they always sell big titles cheap



not all of us have a K-mart down the road, and collectors for $99? its even cheaper than K-Mart when u do a 3 for 1 i think...

RatedY2J said: K-Mart is still the cheapest i've seen for the Standard at $74, they always sell big titles cheap


link?

declan8 said:

RatedY2J said: K-Mart is still the cheapest i've seen for the Standard at $74, they always sell big titles cheap


link?



their web page ( www.kmart.com.au ) and search catalogue page 26....its there....
its on the k-mart website & most stores including jb do price matches
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

jordie84 said:


declan8 said:


RatedY2J said: K-Mart is still the cheapest i've seen for the Standard at $74, they always sell big titles cheap


link?


their web page ( www.kmart.com.au ) and search catalogue page 26....its there....


RatedY2J said: its on the k-mart website & most stores including jb do price matches


thanks
could i print that page and show EB?
That's what I plan to do.
this game worth a buy for something other than a fps lol? kinda over cod for now and been playing peggle xD
So mines onboard the driver since 6:10am according to the Australia post tracking.

IKTPQ said: this game worth a buy for something other than a fps lol? kinda over cod for now and been playing peggle xD



it should be....one of those type of games that comes out like once every 5 years i think (last game similar to this was Farenheit) ? not many developers have the balls , brains or $$$ to create something soo different....
I'm opening my special edition as we speak
Aaaand i'll be the first to say, i'm rather dissapointed in the special edition, looks allright and all, but it's certainly no mass effect 2 special edition thats for sure.
Isn't the special eddition just extra stuff
did u buy it from game online?
does every store offer the same stuff for the Special Edition?
got it from EB games, all it has is a slip on carboard cover, it looks like the "rain" was made with super glue or something and there is a piece of paper in there with an oragami you can fold

and thats it.

it doesn't look all bad, but christ, mass effect 2 puts this special edition to shame.

I know the game will be absolutely amazing, but was really hoping for a nicer special edition, but there is nothing special about it.
30mins till shops open...Only time im up this early is on a tuesday wen i got work(my only morning shift) and wednesday wen i got tafe. Usually its sleep bout 6am wake up bout 1pm but last night slept early just to play this all day beofre work lol

jordie84 said: Apparently JB Hifi are selling Heavy Rain Std for $79 till this saturday!!!
read it off ecogamer....hope this is true...i will be checking it out first thing tomorrow morning!!!



Yup its true ,i was in there yesterday and they had a sign up with "Heavy Rain Std for $79 + Collectors edition for $99" till Saturday.

EDKILL13 said:

jordie84 said: Apparently JB Hifi are selling Heavy Rain Std for $79 till this saturday!!!
read it off ecogamer....hope this is true...i will be checking it out first thing tomorrow morning!!!


Yup its true ,i was in there yesterday and they had a sign up with "Heavy Rain Std for $79 + Collectors edition for $99" till Saturday.



wats the bet GAME @ liverpool wont price match JB? was in there yesterday and asked the guy if they would b price matching coz i remember they wouldnt do it 4 MAG N HEADSET, he was like "oh man everywhere is doing it for $110 even big W" i was just like ye wateva well c tomorrow and left.
Im walking in asking for heavy rain $79 if they cant do it someone else will get my money today
Just got delivered!
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Most anticipated game of 2015

Most anticipated game of 2015

08/01/2015 Polls 11 14
Skylanders Trap Team: Light & Dark Expansions review

Skylanders Trap Team: Light & Dark Expansions review

Schrekdog 15 mins Reviews 0 0
PlayStation/Spotify reuniting games, music & simplicity

PlayStation/Spotify reuniting games, music & simplicity

Gryllis 20 hours Articles 2 4
Bartronica is Melbourne

Bartronica is Melbourne's newest video game bar

Tano 20 hours News 7 5
Spotify is powering new PlayStation Music service
Gryllis 1 day News 3 4
Free-to-start the

Free-to-start the 'future' for console games, says EA

Tano 1 day News 7 2
Mythbusters to tackle Doom to test practicalities

Mythbusters to tackle Doom to test practicalities

Gryllis 2 days News 8 11
Disney

Disney's show about an injured teen eSports star

Gryllis 3 days News 2 5
Friendly Fire Show 81: There

Friendly Fire Show 81: There's No Evil Within Windows 10

Podcast 4 days Articles 1 3

Community Content

PSN Members Get One-Time 10% PS Store Discount This Weekend

PSN Members Get One-Time 10% PS Store Discount This Weekend

zurczner 20/01 News 5 8
Work Experience at The MMGN Office

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

12/01/2015 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

KezDaMuss is now Level 14!

KezDaMuss 1 hour ago
Username

commented on Stranded Deep: First Impressions

Zinker 9 hours ago
Username

commented on Bandai Namco jumps aboard the Simulator bandwagon

Zinker 11 hours ago
Username

commented on Amiibo wave three launches in Australia tomorrow

DarkEnemy 17 hours ago
Username

Pilkingbod, Scott commented on The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask N64 vs 3DS video comparison

Pilkingbod 20 hours ago
Username

gamerguy posted a new review - The Wolf Among Us

gamerguy 21 hours ago
Username

DPhoenix is now Level 9!

DPhoenix 22 hours ago
Username

Zinker's article - Survival games Top 5 has been featured by Tano, great job!

Tano 22 hours ago
Username

commented on Stranded Deep: First Impressions

Tano 22 hours ago