I just spent $500 on a game.

17337 Views 185 Posts PS3 Software
Yes game, not console.

Managed to find someone who has a copy of NBA Elite 11 which was cancelled. It is regarded as the rarest of all PS3 games, and i am hoping it is an astute investment.

If not i just paid a shit load of money for a poor game lolz

UPDATE 28/4/11

Ok guys the game arrived today at my wife's work.

When i get home tonight i will post pics of the disc and the game on my tv.

Following this i am going to write a review of the game for MMGN - how is that for a scoop - to be the only website with a review of the game. Actually, am i breaking any laws by writing a review of a game that was never released?

If admin could advise that would be great.

UPDATE 23 May 2011!

Having received my sealed copy i have now posted my unsealed copy for auction on ebay. Anyone interested can take a look at:

cgi.ebay.com.au/...

UPDATE 11/11/11

Got my sealed copy back from VGA today. Graded and sealed here she is:

way_maker said:

Dicky said: Postage to US only too
wheres kenni

You could message the seller to see if he would post overseas.

Just got a reply, he's willing to send it overseas
Ok guys,

well i just won the ebay auction for the sealed copy.

I have decided as a result to put up for sale my unsealed copy of the game. It will come in a promo case for NBA 11 rather than the ugly green case i have pictured.

If anyone is interested in making an offer private message me. All offers upwards from $600 will be considered. Note : i purchased the game without a case and have sourced the promo case seperately hence the increased value.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Get the Adobe Flash Player to see this video.

good luck with the sale
So how is it? Did you play it?

Do you want to lend it to me so I can review it? :P

Beta said: So how is it? Did you play it?
Do you want to lend it to me so I can review it?

I played it once but have shelved it in the collector's cabinet since to not damage it. Hmmmmmm i guess it would be special for mmgn to have the only review on the net of it.

way_maker said:

I played it once but have shelved it in the collector's cabinet since to not damage it. Hmmmmmm i guess it would be special for mmgn to have the only review on the net of it.

It would be :P

I put this on N4G:

n4g.com/...

270 DEGREES! Front page.

Beta said:

way_maker said:

It would be
I put this on N4G:
n4g.com/...
270 DEGREES! Front page.

Interesting comments, perhaps they should join us here (evil)
Is reviewing this game permitted by EA? or will they ask to bring it down? (unless they liked the review [MOG] )

EDIT:
Another one on eBay for a Buy It Now price!
cgi.ebay.com.au/...
Price: US $529.99

Beta said:

way_maker said:

It would be
I put this on N4G:
n4g.com/...
270 DEGREES! Front page.

Ok assuming no one buys it off me and once i receive the sealed copy i have just bought, i am happy to send you my promo copy for it to be reviewed.
Hmmm I might by that one. It is sealed too, so would be worth even more.
So tempting, on my watch list for now :P
I just bought MLB 11 the show from eBay so I'll think about this for a day and if it is still there tomorrow I will grab it.

DonnieK said: Hmmm I might by that one. It is sealed too, so would be worth even more.
So tempting, on my watch list for now
I just bought MLB 11 the show from eBay so I'll think about this for a day and if it is still there tomorrow I will grab it.

Buy it.
Seriously because someone will snap it up.

I am slightly concerned at how many seem to be popping up on ebay as this might affect value if there are a lot.
LoL I want to buy it but I am getting married in January and every penny counts at the moment, the fiancé would KILL me.
But if it is still there in the morning, I'll take iras a sign (I need some lame sign/excuse lol) and buy it.
Ok i have an question you got it for ps3 in an xbox case ps3 is down how can you update it?....

THELTL33 said: Ok i have an question you got it for ps3 in an xbox case ps3 is down how can you update it?....

The xbox case automatically updates it wirelessly before you put it into the console.
It is something Microsoft implemented but not many people know about. It is also why updates are less frequent and quicker on the 360.

EndZion said:Another one on eBay for a Buy It Now price!
cgi.ebay.com.au/...

Ok, own up whos just bought this turd? just noticed its ended [WTF]

More money than brains, ill be surprised if theres only 8 or 9 copies out there. I say prepare for more to appear.
Lol I saw the thing on this on N4g this arvo..

Dicky said:

EndZion said:Another one on eBay for a Buy It Now price!
cgi.ebay.com.au/...

Ok, own up whos just bought this turd? just noticed its ended
More money than brains, ill be surprised if theres only 8 or 9 copies out there. I say prepare for more to appear.

My bad.......

....I'm the turd who posted it so it probably got more attention. But as for purchasing it....as Shaggy featuring RikRok would admit...."it wasn't me". www.youtube.com/...

[MOG] :D

THELTL33 said: Ok i have an question you got it for ps3 in an xbox case ps3 is down how can you update it?....

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not worth as much because it's in an X-BOX case??....the one EndZion posted would've be a better investment for the same price IMO. Especially considering it's a lot of money {for a game anyway}.

Matthew said:

Hmmmm. Maybe it's not worth as much because it's in an X-BOX case??....the one EndZion posted would've be a better investment for the same price IMO. Especially considering it's a lot of money {for a game anyway}.

Thats why i bought one sealed in the packet and am now selling the lose one in a promo case.
Having received my sealed copy i have now posted my unsealed copy for auction on ebay. Anyone interested can take a look at:

cgi.ebay.com.au/...

way_maker said: Having received my sealed copy i have now posted my unsealed copy for auction on ebay. Anyone interested can take a look at:
cgi.ebay.com.au/...

$8 postage plus insurance fees??? For $600 I would offer free insurance....
PLUS I don't think you can use insurance on a pre-paid express bag...

MicDaMan said:

way_maker said: Having received my sealed copy i have now posted my unsealed copy for auction on ebay. Anyone interested can take a look at:
cgi.ebay.com.au/...

$8 postage plus insurance fees??? For $600 I would offer free insurance....
PLUS I don't think you can use insurance on a pre-paid express bag...

Cheers for the advice might need to adjust the postage details. Insurance is not free - if you want it enough you will pay for it and if not, a person doesnt get it. Standard commercial transaction.
Well registered post only costs an an extra $3 above normal post
Yeah, insurance should be paid by the consumer, not the seller. The seller's obligation essentially ends once they post it. Even if it gets lost in the mail, the seller wouldn't be liable if they have proof of postage. They transfer the obligation directly to the post office to deliver the product.
So i thought i would drag this thread back from the doldrums......why?

To comment on the belief that this game would not be worth anything. I sourced a sealed copy and purchased it a while back, and then sold my unsealed copy.

Has the value of this gone up? You had better believe it. One of these sold for well over $2500 recently on ebay. It was a sealed copy that had been graded by the video game authority.

I am in the process of arranging for mine to be graded by the VGA and sealed.

I have said it before and said it again, rare video games are valuable irrespective of if they are a good game or not.

DonnieK said:

The xbox case automatically updates it wirelessly before you put it into the console.
It is something Microsoft implemented but not many people know about. It is also why updates are less frequent and quicker on the 360.

what? ive never heard of this.

Featured PS3 Content

The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

The Last Of Us: Remastered - Picking it up?

29/07/2014 Polls 20 15
Destiny Planet View is the solar system

Destiny Planet View is the solar system's Google Earth

Tano 30 mins News 0 0
Mario takes on Minecraft Steve in this amazing fan-made short film

Mario takes on Minecraft Steve in this amazing fan-made short film

Tano 1 hour News 0 0
Ken Levine hits back at Bioshock Infinite

Ken Levine hits back at Bioshock Infinite 'naive woman' criticism

Tano 4 hours News 0 1
Win a trip to PAX Aus

Win a trip to PAX Aus

Tano 5 hours News 0 2
Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

Gryllis 23 hours News 2 6
Will GTA V radio be updated for PS4, Xbox One, PC?

Will GTA V radio be updated for PS4, Xbox One, PC?

Gryllis 23 hours News 2 6
Friendly Fire Show 67: Whizz-bang McGoogle Edition

Friendly Fire Show 67: Whizz-bang McGoogle Edition

Podcast 2 days Articles 0 3
Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King DLC review
PaulV 4 days Reviews 0 7

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

1 day ago Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

Tano, SlappyWag, punk commented on The Last Of Us Remastered cracks PS4 all-time top 10

Tano 1 hour ago
Username

commented on Resident Evil Revelations 2 confirmed by Capcom

CptAwesome 2 hours ago
Username

Mark355 got Forza Motorsport 5, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Thief and other 3 games

Mark355 3 hours ago
Username

commented on Themes are coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita

punk 5 hours ago
Username

dantonmeh is now Level 2!

dantonmeh 20 hours ago
Username

Patrick812, Tano commented on The Last Of Us Remastered cracks PS4 all-time top 10

Patrick812 20 hours ago
Username

Gryllis, maxiboy commented on Uncensored Left 4 Dead 2 rated R18+ in Australia (5 years late)

Gryllis 22 hours ago
Username

Tano shared a story - Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Tano 1 day ago