I just spent $500 on a game.

18354 Views 185 Posts PS3 Software
Yes game, not console.

Managed to find someone who has a copy of NBA Elite 11 which was cancelled. It is regarded as the rarest of all PS3 games, and i am hoping it is an astute investment.

If not i just paid a shit load of money for a poor game lolz

UPDATE 28/4/11

Ok guys the game arrived today at my wife's work.

When i get home tonight i will post pics of the disc and the game on my tv.

Following this i am going to write a review of the game for MMGN - how is that for a scoop - to be the only website with a review of the game. Actually, am i breaking any laws by writing a review of a game that was never released?

If admin could advise that would be great.

UPDATE 23 May 2011!

Having received my sealed copy i have now posted my unsealed copy for auction on ebay. Anyone interested can take a look at:

cgi.ebay.com.au/...

UPDATE 11/11/11

Got my sealed copy back from VGA today. Graded and sealed here she is:

Prime said: Also i am surpised i have not heard anyone discuss the VGA on here before.


I use it from time to time.
It was only mention once here.

SONY said: I use it from time to time.
It was only mention once here.



Nice!

What games have you had graded by VGA?
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I think theres some VGA discussion in the retro forums? I've seen it mentioned somewhere.

Edit: Old discussion thread here retro.mmgn.com/...
You either have an extremely naive or understanding wife.

reags said: You either have an extremely naive or understanding wife.



Naive about?
The true dollar value of a game and how you've labelled this an 'investment'.

Don't mean to troll so let's just say she's understanding and a keeper of a wife to let you splurge like that. :P
see im a wife.. not his but someone else's and i think as long as i can spend $500 on myself then he can do whatever he wants with it I just spent $500 on a game.

M@ndyz said: see im a wife.. not his but someone else's and i think as long as i can spend $500 on myself then he can do whatever he wants with it



Yup!

She bought an $800 pair of shoes a month ago....so fair is fair.

@reags it is an investment in my eyes.....the recent sale of one of these for over 2k is proof of that.
if you can get 2k for it i'd sell it now.

250% profit.
^what Madrid said.

and dayem $800 on a pair of shoes...fair enough your game is justified then. Sounds like you two live the high life.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
But you will probably get more for it later in time...

Tiberius said: But you will probably get more for it later in time...



This.

Unless EA flood the market with copies for 10 bucks. That was a risk i was willing to take. I personally hope they have destroyed all their copies.
Hold onto it. In ten years, at least 4-5k imo. Appreciation will rise quickly initially, but will slow down once NBA 2K12 is released, and then a future EA title.

Beta said: Hold onto it. In ten years, at least 4-5k imo. Appreciation will rise quickly initially, but will slow down once NBA 2K12 is released, and then a future EA title.



Do you think it is a certainty EA will release another NBA game any time soon?

Prime said:

Beta said: Hold onto it. In ten years, at least 4-5k imo. Appreciation will rise quickly initially, but will slow down once NBA 2K12 is released, and then a future EA title.


Do you think it is a certainty EA will release another NBA game any time soon?



They will eventually. No way they let 2K monopolize a market that EA owned for like 10 years (95-05).

Beta said:

Prime said:

Beta said: Hold onto it. In ten years, at least 4-5k imo. Appreciation will rise quickly initially, but will slow down once NBA 2K12 is released, and then a future EA title.


Do you think it is a certainty EA will release another NBA game any time soon?


They will eventually. No way they let 2K monopolize a market that EA owned for like 10 years (95-05).



It is interesting though because surely now 2K has that monopoly. If you want NBA gaming this year that is up to date, you have only one choice. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Prime said:

Beta said:

Prime said:

Beta said: Hold onto it. In ten years, at least 4-5k imo. Appreciation will rise quickly initially, but will slow down once NBA 2K12 is released, and then a future EA title.


Do you think it is a certainty EA will release another NBA game any time soon?


They will eventually. No way they let 2K monopolize a market that EA owned for like 10 years (95-05).


It is interesting though because surely now 2K has that monopoly. If you want NBA gaming this year that is up to date, you have only one choice. Will be interesting to see what happens.



250% is not enough?
Finally got around to sending my sealed copy to VGA yesterday via international courier.

Heres to hoping it makes it there and back without issue (i got insurance of course!).

Will post pics when it arrives in the sealed case and grading.
What will VGA do? Verify and price it?
They will verify it and upon verification then go about grading the game. A detailed report as to the product is provided to me covering a number of aspects of its condition.

Following this it is sealed in a case with a grading label viewable as well.

It is then listed on their database both at their offices and online. Having a game graded by the VGA shoots its worth up considerably.
i think if its what you like and really want it you cant put a $$$ value on it, and as with wifes they are more understanding these days cos they do spend alot of $$$ so they understand that the husband has needs as well, so well done hope you enjoy it i dont thik i could open it though, and i once paid $1500 for a plate with a picture of ozzy on it and signed by him as well
All swear words must be censored GOSH
but 500$!?!?!
wow $500 is a lot.
Finally got it back from the VGA graded and in a UV protective case:



Sweet! :D
awesome :)
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Most anticipated game of March

Most anticipated game of March

25/02/2015 Polls 5 7
6 Games of 2015 that will be amazing or overhyped

6 Games of 2015 that will be amazing or overhyped

Gryllis 1 hour Articles 2 4
Phantom Pain Collector

Phantom Pain Collector's Ed costs $250 in Aus, $99 in US

Gryllis 2 hours News 2 2
Gamers more likely to commit online fraud - report

Gamers more likely to commit online fraud - report

Tano 3 hours News 0 3
Alien: Isolation was almost a third-person horror game

Alien: Isolation was almost a third-person horror game

Jayden27 5 hours News 5 2
The Phantom Pain special editions revealed

The Phantom Pain special editions revealed

Tano 8 hours News 2 3
MGS V: The Phantom Pain release date announced
Tano 8 hours News 1 3
The Phantom Pain will be the last Metal Gear Solid

The Phantom Pain will be the last Metal Gear Solid

zurczner 12 hours News 1 3
Project Morpheus guide

Project Morpheus guide

Tano 1 day Articles 3 11

Community Content

The Phantom Pain will be the last Metal Gear Solid

The Phantom Pain will be the last Metal Gear Solid

zurczner 12 hours News 1 3
Work Experience at The MMGN Office

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

12/01/2015 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Nintendo launches Pokémon Art Academy competition

Jayden27 34 mins ago
Username

kangle4, whaling commented on Will Australians embrace TV and movie streaming in 2015 and reduce piracy?

kangle4 1 hour ago
Username

maxiboy, Jayden27, whaling and other 2 users commented on Nvidia Shield: Everything you need to know about the new microconsole

maxiboy 1 hour ago
Username

Jayden27, Blob, Tano commented on Danganronpa 3 is in the early stages of development

Jayden27 2 hours ago
Username

Armige, maxiboy, Gryllis, Tano commented on SimCity developer Maxis shuts down

Armige 6 hours ago
Username

Gryllis, PsFan commented on Netflix is launching in Australia on March 24, but still no price

Gryllis 7 hours ago
Username

zurczner's news - Kojima : Metal Gear Solid 5 is the last "Metal Gear Solid" has been featured by Tano, great job!

Tano 8 hours ago