Installed a PS2 In my Car!

Ok well with the psn being down and all I thought I'd install a ps2 in my mums car (I know I said 'my' in the title).

Below will be all the stuff I purchased and and a few questions I need asking.

Items:
7inch LCD Monitor : cgi.ebay.com.au/...
PS2 Car Power Supply : cgi.ebay.com.au/...
12v Splitter:
cgi.ebay.com.au/...
3 x RCA Socket to 3 x RCA Socket Adaptor
dicksmith.com.au/...

Oh and a ps2 (MAKE SURE ITS MODEL NUMBER IS 7000* DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID)

And you don't need the splitter if you have got 2x 12v point in you car

It's fairly self explanatory how to put it all together. But I will post some pics and maybe a video tomorrow when Its not dark.


Now for a few question I have.
The ps2 and screen use about 52w together (45 + 7) now will that rapidly drain my battery or not have much effect?

And the second question is, the ps2 in the car is chipped/modified to play copied games, is it legal for me to burn a copy of the games I have so the originals stay at home while the copies are played in the car ??

Ouick Video:
Get the Adobe Flash Player to see this video.
Got any pics of the installed unit?

Im not to sure about your copied games, i "THINK" it's legal to have copies as long as you have a copy of the original. Don't go by my word though, i'm probably wrong.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Daseti said: Got any pics of the installed unit?
Im not to sure about your copied games, i "THINK" it's legal to have copies as long as you have a copy of the original. Don't go by my word though, i'm probably wrong.



I will post some pics and maybe a video tomorrow as its dark atm.

Daseti said: Got any pics of the installed unit?
Im not to sure about your copied games, i "THINK" it's legal to have copies as long as you have a copy of the original. Don't go by my word though, i'm probably wrong.


its illegal to circumvent the copy protection on the disc.
^ I thought I read an article where it was legal to back up DVD Movies, thought it might apply to games too.

Sum41 said:
Oh and a ps2 (MAKE SURE ITS MODEL NUMBER IS 7000* DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID)



Can you explain why it has to be that model number?

Sum41 said:
The ps2 and screen use about 52w together (45 + 7) now will that rapidly drain my battery or not have much effect?


It will drain you battery over a 2-6hr period. Just like a 4channel car stereo would. depends on the capacity of the battery and whether you have the audio out hooked in through you stereo. many variables. I would say an hour at a time, then start your car. OR do a dual battery setup. One for you devices and when that drains you still have your normal battery to start the car. many auto elec's can install them for you. My secondary battery charges when the car is running.

Sum41 said:
And the second question is, the ps2 in the car is chipped/modified to play copied games, is it legal for me to burn a copy of the games I have so the originals stay at home while the copies are played in the car ??



Don't ask the question, just do it. Don't try and sell them.
I have a 320gb 3.5" HDD in my ps2 and a hdd loader. holds about 60games!!! But it only needs 4 as I only play the best on the ps2 simply because they glitch real bad on the ps3.

vyma100 said:
Can you explain why it has to be that model number?


Well thats the model number that doesn't have to power supply built in, so a different cord plugs into the back of the ps2 (yellow one). The newer models (9000*) have the power supply built in so its a different cord.

vyma100 said:
It will drain you battery over a 2-6hr period. Just like a 4channel car stereo would. depends on the capacity of the battery and whether you have the audio out hooked in through you stereo. many variables. I would say an hour at a time, then start your car. OR do a dual battery setup. One for you devices and when that drains you still have your normal battery to start the car. many auto elec's can install them for you. My secondary battery charges when the car is running.


Ok, so I know this may sound stupid, but do car's recharge their battery when the engine is running??? So if I only play it when the car is running I should be fine ?
@sum41 ,car batteries get most of a charge when driven ,they may get a small charge from the alternator at idle ,but not enough to charge a battery that was once flat previous.

Sum41 said:

vyma100 said:
Can you explain why it has to be that model number?


Well thats the model number that doesn't have to power supply built in, so a different cord plugs into the back of the ps2 (yellow one). The newer models (9000*) have the power supply built in so its a different cord.

vyma100 said:
It will drain you battery over a 2-6hr period. Just like a 4channel car stereo would. depends on the capacity of the battery and whether you have the audio out hooked in through you stereo. many variables. I would say an hour at a time, then start your car. OR do a dual battery setup. One for you devices and when that drains you still have your normal battery to start the car. many auto elec's can install them for you. My secondary battery charges when the car is running.


Ok, so I know this may sound stupid, but do car's recharge their battery when the engine is running??? So if I only play it when the car is running I should be fine ?

You can get around that problem with the model numbers, you can buy power point adaptors for chrarging phones and whatever that goes into the cigarette lighter plug
Can we see a picture of it now? =D
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Sum41 said:

vyma100 said:
Can you explain why it has to be that model number?


Well thats the model number that doesn't have to power supply built in, so a different cord plugs into the back of the ps2 (yellow one). The newer models (9000*) have the power supply built in so its a different cord.

vyma100 said:
It will drain you battery over a 2-6hr period. Just like a 4channel car stereo would. depends on the capacity of the battery and whether you have the audio out hooked in through you stereo. many variables. I would say an hour at a time, then start your car. OR do a dual battery setup. One for you devices and when that drains you still have your normal battery to start the car. many auto elec's can install them for you. My secondary battery charges when the car is running.


Ok, so I know this may sound stupid, but do car's recharge their battery when the engine is running??? So if I only play it when the car is running I should be fine ?



If you want to play while the car is not running I'd say Vyma100's idea about a second battery is best, I have a 4 channel amp in my car with a high power battery (Now)

My standard battery died on me after 45mins off use without the motor running & my car just wouldn't start! [Rage] [Rage]

I never use my radio in my car for more than 10mins now without the motor running..

Ouick Video:
Get the Adobe Flash Player to see this video.
video won't show :S
its in the first post.

Ledski said: its in the first post.


oh my bad! :P
Why no one comment on it :'(
I have just seen it.

Is that a RAV 4, outlander or Pajero?

I think that is awesome you have done that mate. Would make long trips or being stuck in traffic fly by.

vyma100 said: I have just seen it.
Is that a RAV 4, outlander or Pajero?
I think that is awesome you have done that mate. Would make long trips or being stuck in traffic fly by.



Santa Fe 2011
Thats awesome, wouldn't it get annoying with that ps2 on the ground?
Will be good for long car trips if you don't get car sick lol.

Ledski said: Thats awesome, wouldn't it get annoying with that ps2 on the ground?


It slides easily under the seat infront, I just had it out for the purpose of the video.
Play and drive? [MOG]
Well done mate I salute you sir!
Oh, when you said installed, IO thought you actually installed it, not just chuck it on the floor with cables going everywhere
That's a petty cool set up dude! :)
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Most Anticipated April game

Most Anticipated April game

31/03/2015 Polls 9 15
What is going on in this Godzilla game trailer?
Gryllis 2 days News 1 3
Top 10 Star Wars games of all-time

Top 10 Star Wars games of all-time

Gryllis 2 days Articles 22 26
GTA V PC Cheats

GTA V PC Cheats

Tano 2 days Articles 15 19
Vevo music streaming app now on PS4, PS3 in Australia
Gryllis 3 days News 2 4
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel developer closes its doors

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel developer closes its doors

Tano 3 days News 7 9
Netflix regrets unmetered deals with iiNet and Optus

Netflix regrets unmetered deals with iiNet and Optus

Gryllis 3 days News 5 11
EB Expo 2015 tickets are on-sale now

EB Expo 2015 tickets are on-sale now

Gryllis 3 days News 4 6

Community Content

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

Work Experience at The MMGN Office

12/01/2015 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on The Gunman Double Pass Giveaway

barbiedoll 52 mins ago
Username

commented on Star Wars Battlefront is 60 frames on all platforms

maxiboy 2 hours ago
Username

Annie6562, Apple24, louisetice, Kakaduplum commented on The Gunman Double Pass Giveaway

Annie6562 19 hours ago
Username

voiletmay, cheyne04 commented on The Gunman Double Pass Giveaway

voiletmay 1 day ago
Username

commented on 7 GTA V mods that absolutely need to happen

zurczner 1 day ago
Username

zurczner, Doyl commented on GTA V PC breaks Steam record for concurrent players

zurczner 1 day ago
Username

zurczner, Shenron commented on Top 10 Star Wars games of all-time: The Force is strong with these ones

zurczner 1 day ago