Killzone

Is it worth buying the original PS2 title? It's currently $20 at EB, and I'm thinking of getting it, as I, like most other sane PS3 owners, will be getting Killzone 2 when it comes out.
Yeah why not man, i thought it was very good game, most people rated the game on its hype thats why it didnt get the reviews it was expected, but i rated it on just being a solid FPS and it definetely is a very solid FPS. worth $20 as well, i'd say pick it up man.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I heard that it actually LAGS, though. Never thought that was possible with console games.
yeh on the ps2 the framerate was quite bad in some places but if your running it on your ps3 it shouldnt do that at all.
Killzone for PS2 really doesn't stack up to what Killzone 2 looks like on PS3!
so your saying that a ps3 game looks better than a ps2 game i never would have thought it.
I dont know about you guys but man i get so sick and tired of hearing this everytime i hear about Killzone 2 "but the first killzone was s**t so why would this one be any better"..........This isnt the first Killzone, this is Killzone 2 and the developers know where they went wrong and know what improvements need to be made. This will be brilliant

Winnie said: Is it worth buying the original PS2 title? It's currently $20 at EB, and I'm thinking of getting it, as I, like most other sane PS3 owners, will be getting Killzone 2 when it comes out.


No, worth hiring it out
I guess I'll pass then... Is Killzone story heavy? I'll just read a synopsis on Wikipedia. xP
I'd give it a rent. I'd try and find a copy of Black and Red Faction if I were you. They are deeper and control better. Red Faction is dated badly in the graphics department, but it's probably one of the better, longer FPS from the previous generation.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

callan5 said: I dont know about you guys but man i get so sick and tired of hearing this everytime i hear about Killzone 2 "but the first killzone was s**t so why would this one be any better"..........This isnt the first Killzone, this is Killzone 2 and the developers know where they went wrong and know what improvements need to be made. This will be brilliant

I agree man.....and I think Killzone 2 will be awesome aswell
i agree red faction was amazing. the aiming isnt good in it but the continuous story line is amazing and being able to burrow holes into everything with explosives is alltime. bets story line in a fps eva.
should be a remake of this i recon
I caved in and got Killzone Collector's Edition, as it was only $25.
Oh ****, I got serious motion sickness from playing. I know it's realistic with the player's head tilting when reloading, going up ladders, jumping, etc. but it just made me ill.

Red Steel all over again. .________.

(Story sounds very interesting, though. Loved the opening cinematic.)
is it any good Winnie... for $20 im thinking of getting it
I'm not sure if it's the infamous framerate issues that cause this, but everything seems to move a but slow.

Graphics are quite good for PS2, I don't know too much about the story yet, but it seems good so far, music is much better than Resistance, but aiming is difficult and the rumble is nuts.

It's probably too early to judge the game, but I reckon for $20 it's worth it. If you get it at EB, you can just return it if you don't like it.
I got it too. Pretty alright game. I just wanna know the full story before number 2 comes out.
The visuals were some of the best PS2 had to offer i reckon
yeah they were callan, but i dont think the ps2 could handle it, thats why there are framerate issues.
Yeah, you can definitely tell it's an unfinished game. Almost everytime you die, it shows your character but the ragdoll physics has the body all over the place.

The game is getting better for me now, though. Although I hate it how the guns have so much recoil and melee attacks are really hard to pull off.

Winnie said: Yeah, you can definitely tell it's an unfinished game. Almost everytime you die, it shows your character but the ragdoll physics has the body all over the place.
The game is getting better for me now, though. Although I hate it how the guns have so much recoil and melee attacks are really hard to pull off.


sorry but i have to disagree, the game was utter brilliance.
have you even tried offline multiplayer WITH bots? lets see cod do that with NO lag
I for one welcome the return of this long dead thread.......

May we all rejoice as we take this merry stroll back to the golden old day's of 07....

AUSSIE-DOG said: I for one welcome the return of this long dead thread.......
May we all rejoice as we take this merry stroll back to the golden old day's of 07....


WTF is going on? Did Doc Brown just take me back in time?
What the? This is a joke... right?
...bump?
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

Your most wanted game of November?

Your most wanted game of November?

29/10/2014 Polls 17 26
LittleBigPlanet 3 review

LittleBigPlanet 3 review

Jayden27 18 hours Reviews 5 6
GTA V

GTA V's traffic jams are straight out of hell

Tano 22 hours News 3 4
Friendly Fire Show 77: 3DS Transfer Game Shapes Up

Friendly Fire Show 77: 3DS Transfer Game Shapes Up

Podcast 1 day Articles 0 1
Assassin’s Creed Rogue review – After doing Unity
Gryllis 3 days Reviews 0 7
Advanced Warfare the highest-selling digital launch ever

Advanced Warfare the highest-selling digital launch ever

Gryllis 3 days News 4 10
Try Destiny now for free

Try Destiny now for free

Jayden27 4 days News 4 6
Bladestorm: Nightmare scares up Australian release date
Jayden27 4 days News 0 5
GTA V Remastered: The history of Grand Theft Auto

GTA V Remastered: The history of Grand Theft Auto

Tano 5 days News 1 8

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 11 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

commented on Screencheat review

soofany05 12 hours ago
Username

commented on Win Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 on PS4 or Xbox One!

Becky118 19 hours ago
Username

Blak is now Level 18!

Blak 21 hours ago
Username

K4ZMA made a change to Psycho-Pass 2

K4ZMA 23 hours ago
Username

Blak's article - Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Season 2 Slated for 2016 has been featured by Guyver, great job!

Guyver 1 day ago
Username

Nikolca wants My Horse and Me 2

Nikolca 2 days ago
Username

Nikolca got My Horse and Me 2

Nikolca 2 days ago