Accidentally wet controller

This morning, in a rather clumsy state, I accidentally knocked over a glass of water and some of it ended up on my PS3 controller. Despite my dramatic attempts to dry it out some water inevitably got below the buttons, particular the square, triangle, circle and square buttons.

When i turn on the PS3 now, sometimes the controller works for a few minutes then the buttons on the right stop working. Sometimes they don't work at all. Guess there's still some water down there.

I know this might sound stupid but does anyone know if I can do anything to try fix the controller?

Should I unscrew the controller and carefully dry it, or are there any other solutions that people know of that can fix the controller? My dad suggested using a hair dryer to dry it out??

Otherwise the obvious solution is to buy another one but i don't really have much cash to spare at the moment.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
I would unscrew It Later on when the suns out T_T and let it dry in the sun. Thats what i did it my phone and know it works better then every Lol
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
microwave the controller? lol kidding DO NOT try that.

I think unscrewing it is the best option I dont think waiting for it to dry inside is a good idea. Arent you suppose to fix it before it dries inside?
Nah He is better of Unscrewing it and leaving it in a place that will get a lot of sunlight for the rest of the day and then screwing it back together and see if it works if no call sony and say the controller is malfuntioning but don't say you spelled water over it lol

NinjaBoy said: Nah He is better of Unscrewing it and leaving it in a place that will get a lot of sunlight for the rest of the day and then screwing it back together and see if it works if no call sony and say the controller is malfuntioning but don't say you spelled water over it lol



shhh sony is listening..lol chill
Right Lol *sony ninja runs across the room* Bam mother ****er You think your going to report to sony on what i just said i think not.
If I unscrew it, Sony or whoever might be able to tell that i'd had tried to repair it myself and hence not replace it etc.
On the other hand if i do unscrew and try to dry it, it might be fine, and the end of the story..

I got water on my remotes recently and most of them stopped working. After a couple of days, they were working fine again. I'd recommend just leaving it as it is; the moisture should evaporate slowly on it's own.
Be careful about leaving it in the sun or near a heat source, it could warp the circuit board if left long enough. I'd just leave it somewhere dry.
The heair dryer sonds feasable, and quicker! Id be giving that a go, good luck though champ. If worse comes to worse and it stops working, get youself a DualShock3. If u order online u will be paying the same price as for a regular sixaxis in the stores here.
Do not blast it with a hair dryer. Let it dry naturally, and it should be ok.
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
yeah hair dryer a BIG no no!!!
Probably just a good time to buy a dual shock 3.

Good reason anyway.
this happened2 me 2day i just wrapped it around a fat towel :D
hope it works :'(
I Dunno¯\(°_o)/¯ ......... LOL.
lol k [Shifty]
Your best bet is just to leave it, it's the same if you spill water on your phone. If you start pushing buttons not long after the water gets into the buttons as opposed to just leaving it & the water will evaporate naturally.
Good luck with it :)

Bboy said: If I unscrew it, Sony or whoever might be able to tell that i'd had tried to repair it myself and hence not replace it etc.
On the other hand if i do unscrew and try to dry it, it might be fine, and the end of the story..


Why would Sony replace it when YOU spilt water on it?
I haven't opened a DS up yet but they may have the same sticker inside the most mobiles do these days which changes colour when they get wet!
Just unscrew it bloke and let it dry in the sun or through just natural evaporation.
What ever you do dont use a hair dryer, Hair dryers push water further into the electronics and damage it more
This happened to me 2 days ago. It still doesn't work
hairdryer.

dropped my phone in the toilet before.

good luck!
(don't) microwave it.

Might work *shrugs*

Beta said: (don't) microwave it.
Might work *shrugs*


maybe
it is had it if it has gotten water in it. near a heater might be your last chance.
I've actually dropped electronics in water before and surprisingly after a while once all the components drive out they start working again.
put it in rice
the rice sucks up all that water [Derp]
 
Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Featured PS3 Content

GOTY 2015: Best Game Of 2015

GOTY 2015: Best Game Of 2015

22/12/2015 Polls 17 13
Friendly Fire Show 118: R.I.P. Tano

Friendly Fire Show 118: R.I.P. Tano

Podcast 1 day Articles 0 0
Friendly Fire Show 117: It

Friendly Fire Show 117: It's not goodbye, it's Halo!

Podcast 01/02 Articles 3 3
MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

MMGN 31/01 News 5 14
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set review

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set review

Gryllis 13/01 Reviews 1 3
MMGN Game Of The Year 2015 Results: You decided
Tano 07/01 News 23 12
Sony will offer PS Plus extensions for PSN issues
Gryllis 06/01 News 8 9
UPDATE: PlayStation Network services back online
Tano 05/01 News 2 7
MMGN GOTY 2015 Voting closes Jan 7

MMGN GOTY 2015 Voting closes Jan 7

GOTY 05/01 News 3 7

Community Content

Fallout-themed excuses to get the day off

Fallout-themed excuses to get the day off

09/11/2015 Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

nattykates is now Level 2!

nattykates 3 days ago
Username

Dave-in-lk is now Level 8!

Dave-in-lk 4 days ago
Username

parktaeshi is now Level 4!

parktaeshi 4 days ago
Username

parktaeshi is now Level 3!

parktaeshi 4 days ago
Username

parktaeshi is now Level 2!

parktaeshi 4 days ago
Username

kangle4, MyFragian commented on Special edition 2DS Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow bundles revealed

kangle4 04/02/2016