Mortal Kombat granted an R18+ rating

by Ben Salter Featured 21 Comments 18 Votes 2380 Views 14/02/2013 Back to News

Mortal Kombat — the game refused classification and banned from sale two years ago — has been granted an R18+ rating and will be sold in Australia.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition has an R18+ rating for High impact violence, blood and gore, reports Player Attack.

Once a game is refused classification, it cannot be resubmitted for two years. That's why Warner Bros waited until February, as those two years have now elapsed.

A release date is unknown — but how long could it really take?

By Ben Salter

Link to us http://PS3.mmgn.com/News/mortal-kombat-granted-an-r18-rating
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

More Info on Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition

Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition Australian Release: Out Now

Mortal Kombat granted an R18+ rating Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
Qld still waiting lol
They'll finally open up the multiplayer again as well, can play versus with more Australians now too, woo hoo!
Must suck too live in QLD

Once a game is refused classification, it cannot be resubmitted for two years.


That is the most retarded rule the OFLC has.
we better be having some MMGN tournaments for this

CptAwesome said: we better be having some MMGN tournaments for this



Hahaha count me in man. I'll be representing MMGN with Kabal and his sweet hookswords.

Milky said:

Once a game is refused classification, it cannot be resubmitted for two years.


That is the most retarded rule the OFLC has.



That's if it isn't edited (a "cut" version can be resubmitted).

Makes no sense. If they don't change the rules, why would it be allowed the second time [Facepalm]
Ill be buying (even tho I own the US version since launch)
Excellent! Flawed victory.
**** yeah! Born in QLD but live in WA :D
Awesome but 2 years too late, there are too many up and coming games
Yay I can finally eb rent it. I have no intention of keeping it.

I thought the Komplete Edition was never submitted to be refused :O
new version they didnt have to wait

Ben said:


Milky said:


Once a game is refused classification, it cannot be resubmitted for two years.


That is the most retarded rule the OFLC has.


That's if it isn't edited (a "cut" version can be resubmitted).
Makes no sense. If they don't change the rules, why would it be allowed the second time

It should work like any other ratings process in the world, they should be able to appeal and/or resubmit. But they can't here. It gets banned, it has to wait 2 years to resubmit.

Whomever is submitting the game (film, tv etc.) pays to have it rated, so they should be allowed to submit it as many times as they like. They don't have the same people rating everything each time, resubmitting might garner a different group of people and a different result. It is a really flawed system, a joke of a system and the 2-year wait rule is just proof of how ****ing dumb the system is. It is an ass-covering measure.

In other countries very rarely do films have to cut to be re-rated, they just have to appeal and have a hearing etc. We don't allow that here. The submitter gets no chance to defend their work. If you want a lower rating you have to cut.
So its true that multiplayer doesnt work at the moment due to a regional issue?

When I first imported MK two years ago, I could play online with no problems. When I went back to it a few months ago, it refused to connect, telling me my "Ethernet cable may be unplugged" (or something like that).

Milky said:

Ben said:


Milky said:


Once a game is refused classification, it cannot be resubmitted for two years.


That is the most retarded rule the OFLC has.


That's if it isn't edited (a "cut" version can be resubmitted).
Makes no sense. If they don't change the rules, why would it be allowed the second time

It should work like any other ratings process in the world, they should be able to appeal and/or resubmit. But they can't here. It gets banned, it has to wait 2 years to resubmit.
Whomever is submitting the game (film, tv etc.) pays to have it rated, so they should be allowed to submit it as many times as they like. They don't have the same people rating everything each time, resubmitting might garner a different group of people and a different result. It is a really flawed system, a joke of a system and the 2-year wait rule is just proof of how ****ing dumb the system is. It is an ass-covering measure.
In other countries very rarely do films have to cut to be re-rated, they just have to appeal and have a hearing etc. We don't allow that here. The submitter gets no chance to defend their work. If you want a lower rating you have to cut.



Then why did Aliens vs Predator in 2010 get released with all gore in tact after appeal? Same with F.E.A.R 2 and HOTD:Overkill Directors Cut. All came out, uncensored, after they were allowed to appeal. You're looking a little less like you know what you're talking about all of a sudden.

As for MK? Day-1 purchase if ported to Wii U, otherwise Warner can put my ;O in their =_=
So where n when can I buy it. I haven't bought a game since I was informed this game was refused in Australia.

endeebee said: So its true that multiplayer doesnt work at the moment due to a regional issue?
When I first imported MK two years ago, I could play online with no problems. When I went back to it a few months ago, it refused to connect, telling me my "Ethernet cable may be unplugged" (or something like that).



that happened to me too. I had to Kreate a US account and buy a new activation Kode. However i could barely get a good Konnection going on. It just logged me out everywhere. So much lag too.


So where n when can I buy it. I haven't bought a game since I was informed this game was refused in Australia.



I'm pretty sure you can still try ebay. That's how i got mine.

Tyrus said:

CptAwesome said: we better be having some MMGN tournaments for this


Hahaha count me in man. I'll be representing MMGN with Kabal and his sweet hookswords.


hmmm i duno how well hookswords will do against the wrath of liu kang :/
It'd be great to own it, but i think buying it online will be a smarter move for me because they are asking way too much for a two year old game.

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat: Komplete EditionMortal Kombat: Komplete Edition Video
  • Mortal Kombat: Komplete EditionMortal Kombat: Komplete Edition Video
  • Mortal Kombat: Komplete EditionMortal Kombat: Komplete Edition Video

Recently Read

Featured PS3 Content

Games of October: Your most wanted

Games of October: Your most wanted

06/10/2014 Polls 8 16
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Tano 16 hours Reviews 2 3
Win Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

Win Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

Tano 17 hours News 3 4
Skylanders Trap Team review

Skylanders Trap Team review

Gryllis 1 day Reviews 2 2
Friendly Fire Show 72: That

Friendly Fire Show 72: That's the joke

Podcast 1 day Articles 0 2
A dance track made from Borderlands sound effects

A dance track made from Borderlands sound effects

Tano 1 day News 1 3
Inside Sledgehammer Games: CoD

Inside Sledgehammer Games: CoD's newest developer

Gryllis 4 days Articles 2 13
Final Fantasy VII's Midgar recreated in Minecraft

Final Fantasy VII's Midgar recreated in Minecraft

Tano 4 days News 7 6
F1 2014 races onto the scene for last-gen only
Gryllis 5 days News 4 6

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

Awesome Gaming Stuff Of Tomorrow, Today! Vol. 3

02/09/2014 Blog 10 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

OrangeBlck, Enarium commented on didgio digital giveaway: Win 1 of 50 PC game codes

OrangeBlck 3 hours ago
Username

commented on Ultimate NES Remix coming to 3DS in November

xevious 4 hours ago
Username

commented on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

stonecold 4 hours ago
Username

juggerhead just unlocked the Welcomed achievement!

juggerhead 9 hours ago
Username

commented on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel review

Olly 10 hours ago
Username

commented on Win Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4

SilentOne 17 hours ago