Will tablets dominate the games market? This guys thinks so

by Gaetano Prestia Featured 12 Comments 22 Votes 4280 Views 19/12/2012 Back to News

We all may be soon playing the latest Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed on our laptop.

Mark Long, CEO of Hawken publisher Meteor Entertainment, believes tablets are poised to take over the industry and replace traditional game console.

"Tablets will get powerful enough that you’ll be able play games like Hawken natively; all you’ll need is a wireless controller and a HDMI cable or wireless HDMI,” he said.

"I think you’re going to see the evolution of what I call ‘Super Tablets’ faster than what people are predicting."

Tablet technology has improved drastically since the launch of the iPad in 2010. Games like the Australian-made Real Racing 3 have similar graphics prowess than games on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

However, storage capacity and download quotas still present issues for game makers and consumers looking for a cheaper, more efficient way to play games.

“Everything is on the cloud anyway so it doesn’t matter how much memory you have. It’s really just about the processor, which manufacturers continually improve at a six-to-nine month cycle," he said.

Do you think that home consoles will translate to tablets in the near future?

Link to us http://PS3.mmgn.com/News/will-tablets-dominate-the-games-market-t
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

Will tablets dominate the games market? This guys thinks so Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I hope not. The touchscreen though is slowly making its way into home console's (Wii U). As long as there are alternatives to the touchscreen, like the traditional game pad, then i'm not to worried.

Nibs101 said: I hope not. The touchscreen though is slowly making its way into home console's (Wii U). As long as there are alternatives to the touchscreen, like the traditional game pad, then i'm not to worried.



I think what he means is that we'll use the tablet for more than we do now, not necessarily game DIRECTLY on it, rather use it as a means to access the game.

"all you’ll need is a wireless controller and a HDMI cable or wireless HDMI,” he said."

So, using it as the console, while it's still your tablet.
with more and more games supporting controllers on IOS and Android I can see it but people might buy the super ouya instead of a super tablet for the purpose of gaming
not for me ill pass on that in fact i want a 100 inch screen to play my games on not a tiny screen,
no....

gammaray13 said: not for me ill pass on that in fact i want a 100 inch screen to play my games on not a tiny screen,


But that is just it though
Plug your tablet into your TV via HDMI and your bluetooth controller and you are away
Think of them as a portable super powerfull console with a touch screen
I cant believe they are not here already

Homedad said:

gammaray13 said: not for me ill pass on that in fact i want a 100 inch screen to play my games on not a tiny screen,


But that is just it though
Plug your tablet into your TV via HDMI and your bluetooth controller and you are away
Think of them as a portable super powerfull console with a touch screen
I cant believe they are not here already




yeah they're hybrid touchscreen laptops/ultraportables.
God some of you people really need to read the damn article before you post.

Nibs101 said: I hope not. The touchscreen though is slowly making its way into home console's (Wii U). As long as there are alternatives to the touchscreen, like the traditional game pad, then i'm not to worried.


gammaray13 said: not for me ill pass on that in fact i want a 100 inch screen to play my games on not a tiny screen,



@Beta even posted AGAIN:

Beta said:I think what he means is that we'll use the tablet for more than we do now, not necessarily game DIRECTLY on it, rather use it as a means to access the game.
"all you’ll need is a wireless controller and a HDMI cable or wireless HDMI,” he said."
So, using it as the console, while it's still your tablet.


Game development costs are increasing exponentially with graphic improvements, so it's only a matter of time until phones catch up with the majority of games (there'll always be stuff like what.. Crysis(?) that push power to the limit, but 99% of devs can't afford to do that).
Connect the phone to the TV, get a controller synced to it and there's no need to even have a console anymore.
I'd still prefer to play the games using buttons, and not touch screen.
Blob
+

MoeMan said: I'd still prefer to play the games using buttons, and not touch screen.


Read the article.
Even after I post people don't friggen read the god damn article...
Either that or they don't understand simple English.

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Recently Read

Featured PS3 Content

GOTY 2015: Best Game Of 2015

GOTY 2015: Best Game Of 2015

22/12/2015 Polls 17 13
Friendly Fire Show 117: It

Friendly Fire Show 117: It's not goodbye, it's Halo!

Podcast 5 days Articles 2 3
MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

MMGN 5 days News 5 13
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set review

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Play Set review

Gryllis 13/01 Reviews 1 3
MMGN Game Of The Year 2015 Results: You decided
Tano 07/01 News 23 12
Sony will offer PS Plus extensions for PSN issues
Gryllis 06/01 News 8 9
UPDATE: PlayStation Network services back online
Tano 05/01 News 2 7
MMGN GOTY 2015 Voting closes Jan 7

MMGN GOTY 2015 Voting closes Jan 7

GOTY 05/01 News 3 7
Year in review: The stories that mattered in 2015

Year in review: The stories that mattered in 2015

Tano 31/12 Articles 1 3

Community Content

#PAXAUS Melbourne Tourist Guide

#PAXAUS Melbourne Tourist Guide

29/10/2015 Blog 11 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

kangle4, MyFragian commented on Special edition 2DS Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow bundles revealed

kangle4 1 day ago
Username

talka is now Level 4!

talka 2 days ago
Username

commented on MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

Booth 3 days ago
Username

commented on GOTY 2015: Best Game Of 2015

jamesbradl 3 days ago
Username

commented on MMGN.com in 2016 - Why there is no new content

maxiboy 4 days ago
Username

Dave-in-lk is now Level 7!

Dave-in-lk 6 days ago
Username

KezDaMuss is now Level 15!

KezDaMuss 6 days ago
Username

heavenly10 is now Level 2!

heavenly10 6 days ago
Username

Dave-in-lk is now Level 6!

Dave-in-lk 6 days ago